Anwer the question below based on the readings.
I’m studying for my Biology class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Answer the question below base on the book https://reefimages.com/?page=oceansci
Ps : you will find the answer easily if you look at the book
What is science?
- · Describe the scientific process using hypothesis, experiment, evidence, theory.
- · Compare the difference between scientific theories and non-scientific ideas.
- · Provide two specific examples of how new evidence can alter or refute previously held theories. Be sure to identify the new pieces of evidence.
Maps, Charts, and Graphs
- · Define longitude and latitude
- · Define GPS coordinates.
- · Locate the five major oceans and seven continents on the globe.
- · Explain how the shape of a water molecule: a) makes ice float; b) gives it a high boiling point c) allows it to dissolve ionic compounds (salts).
- · Calculate the amount of energy required to raise 500 mL of water by 75oC.
- · Define density.
- Explain how the density of water changes with temperature.
- · Explain how the density of water changes with salinity (dissolved salts).
- · List the most 6 abundant elements or ions that are dissolved in water.
- · Define salinity and describe the processes that affect salinity in the surface ocean.
- · Describe how seawater temperature changes with latitude and with depth.
- · Explain what is responsible for the changes.
Earth as a System
- · Describe the major reservoirs and fluxes of the water cycle.