Class Conversation 2–Oversexed & Undereducated?: Exploring the Politics of Sex in Society.
I need an explanation for this Sociology question to help me study.
Contemplate and share your perceptions regarding the following questions:
- Is sex everywhere in our society? Please provide support and examples for your position from the chapter, personal experience/observations and other credible research you may include.
- If you answered yes to the above statement, what could potentially be the impetus for this based on the chapter readings, your own views and observations?
- How does this impact us as individuals, couples, and families?
This then ties in with the topic of sex education in America …
From your own experience and what we have learned in class from chapter 4, “Our Sexual Selves”:
- How do you think we are doing as a country concerning educating ourselves and future generations about sex?
- Thinking about how you learned about sex—what role did your parents play, your peers, your school, even media? Would you have wanted anything done differently and if so, what?
- Finally, our text addresses the topic of sexual responsibility and based on the definition provided, what does that mean to you and how can our society promote and encourage sexual responsibility in how we teach and address sexuality?
Remember to explain and support your views with not only opinion but information from the chapter along with other credible sources you may choose to you.
Submit your discussion posts using the reply arrow below. Be sure to share complete thoughts, examples, and answer the questions above in a way that promotes further discussion with each other.
Please feel free to present in first person but still in essay/paragraph form. Do not just do question/answer, question/answer. Follow the expectations for class discussions as addressed in Module 0.
As always remember to:
- REVIEW YOUR WORK BEFORE SUBMITTING because once you post, you cannot go back and edit (see Module 0 concerning this policy).
- Integrate course material from chapter 4 into your post in addition to your personal views and/or experiences.
- Post to at least four others in the discussion.
- Be sure to always properly cite any sources used within your post and also provide a reference list at the end in APA format.
- Keep in mind: Your original post to this prompt is worth up to 10 points and your 4 peer responses are worth up to 4 points (1 point each). This makes the total points for this discussion worth 14 points