Close Reading Assignment: What Is LGBTQ+ Literature? (400 word).
I’m studying and need help with a English question to help me learn.
Peer Review Due: May 17, by 11:59 p.m.
Consider this a test of your ability to really understand the texts at hand. For this assignment, you will need to select a word, phrase, sentence, or image from one of the unit’s texts to closely read. Analyze your selection with as much detail and care as you are able while providing a clear, coherent, and yet concise discussion of how:
- the various parts of your selection fit together to create what we see;
- the style(s) used work to construct your selection;
- your selection, packed with all its detail, fits into the work as a whole (e.g., is the selection unusual in the context of the text? Is it a good representation of the work as a whole? Etc.);
In short, I want you to dig deeply into your selection and uncover what lurks beneath its surface—ultimately looking beneath the surface of both the text itself, as well as your own positions and response(s) to the text. You are expected to quote from the text, so you will need both in-text citations and a Works Cited page.
Also, after submitting your document, you will need to peer review the submission of at least one (1) of your classmates, using the same evaluation criteria I will be using for yours. (Be sure to leave comments for your peer in-text, as you would in a Word document–via the Crocdoc commenting features. If you need help with how to go about this, see the instructions in Canvas’ Help section.)
***NOTE: You will be assigned a peer’s paper to review after the assignment’s official deadline.
During the evaluation of your submission, among other things (e.g., grammar, syntax, diction, etc.), I will be looking at:
- The insightfulness of your selection (e.g., appropriateness, importance, etc.)
- How closely and critically you analyze the selection
- How accurately, articulately, cohesively, and persuasively you have presented your findings
- Typed and double-spaced, in 12-point, Times New Roman font (with no extra spaces between either the heading and the body or individual paragraphs)
- 1-inch margins on all sides
- Includes a proper heading, typed in the top left corner (do not use the header function for this information):
- MLA formatted in-text citations and Works Cited page
- Saved and uploaded to Canvas as a Word document, with the following file name:
CRA – What Is LGBTQ Lit_Your Name (e.g., CRA – What Is LGBTQ Lit_Joe Smith)