Create a 10–12 slide presentation that includes your findings about Internet recruiting and a job posting for a sales representative position..
I need an explanation for this Business question to help me study.
Note: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented, beginning with Assessment 1.
To prepare for this assessment, complete the following:
- Read Chapters 3 and 4 and review Chapters 1 and 2 in Arthur’s Recruiting, Interviewing, Selecting, and Orienting New Employees e-book, linked in the Resources.
- Read the scenario below.
As part of CapraTek’s human resources team, you have been asked to research other employers and their Internet recruiting practices. This assessment has three parts:
- Evaluate two employers’ online application processes.
- Evaluate two general online job search sites for ease of use and information available.
- Develop a job description for the CapraTek regional sales representative posting.
Present your information in the form of a PowerPoint presentation deck of 10–12 slides. Ensure your slides are uncrowded, visually appealing, and easy to read.
Part 1: Identify two employers of interest with application portals on their websites. Select only employers that allow online applications. Evaluate the user-friendliness of the application process and the value of the general job information found online. Consider whether the job posting provides candidates with information they would want to know about the organization.
Using information from your research, create a PowerPoint slide presentation with bullet points highlighting your key findings. Include the sites’ links. Add information in the slides’ notes section addressing the following:
- Articulate the user-friendliness of the online application process for the selected employers.
- Articulate the user-friendliness of the general job search websites.
Part 2: Select two general job search websites (such as CareerBuilder, Indeed, SimplyHired, Monster). You may choose local or specific job sites. Look at the ease of use and the value of the general information provided on these websites.
Create additional slides for your presentation in which you include the links to the two websites and highlight your findings about them. Add information in the slides’ notes sections that includes the following:
- Compare the quality of the job information for each employer and website from an applicant’s and employer’s point-of-view.
- Summarize findings for or against CapraTek using these selected Web sites for posting positions and searching for applicants.
Part 3: Using your job analysis information for CapraTek’s regional sales representatives, develop a job posting for this position. Make location, salary, and working conditions assumptions as needed. Finish the presentation with slides outlining the essentials for the regional sales representative job description as follows:
- List the necessary qualifications, including educational background, technical experience, skills, and abilities.
- Describe the physical environment and working conditions.
- List the most important duties and responsibilities, with percentage of time spent on each, classifying each duty as essential or non-essential.