describe how to collect and analyse data at the beginning stage. Any issue(s) you need to be aware of when collecting and analysing the data?.
I’m trying to learn for my Statistics class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
2020 HKSAR Legislative Council (LegCo) General Election will be held later this year. Assume you work at a new political party in Hong Kong and your party leader is considering sending party member(s) to enter the election. Your party leader has asked you to prepare a report describing what kind(s) of study you will conduct in order to find out whether it is a good idea to send member(s) to the LegCo election in 2020. Based on what you have learnt from the course, you are now preparing the report.
Your political party has been formed for one year only.
All the party members except the leader have no prior experiences on running the LegCo Election race.
Budget for the LegCo Election will be limited.
You DO NOT need to justify your finding(s) mathematically.
You DO NOT need to collect any data at this stage, just present your finding(s) with proper qualitative and/or quantitative tools to make various decisions in your report. You need to describe your selections and justify how and why you would use these tools to solve the potential problems.
You need to apply any EIGHT sets of qualitative and/or quantitative tools in your report.
Please refer to the below questions when preparing your report. You need to apply the suitable (either qualitative or quantitative statistical) tool(s) to answer the questions.
1. Please briefly describe your organization and the purpose of the study.
2. You need to describe how to collect and analyse data at the beginning stage. Any issue(s) you need to be aware of when collecting and analysing the data?
3. How many member(s) should the party nominate for the election? There are five geographical constituencies for the election, which one(s) should the party nominate? Besides the geographical constituencies, there are also twenty-nine functional constituencies. Which one(s) should the party nominate? How many seats will the party get by estimation? What are the factors that would affect the voters’ decisions? If the (internal or external) conditions change in the future, how would that affect your party’s campaign?
4. Assume you have collected extensive amount of data; how would you analyse all the data and interpret the results by using different tools?
5. After comparing all the results, what do they tell you?
6. Finally, please list out and explain all the possible outcome(s). What is your final suggestion?
1. Apply techniques of random sampling, statistical graphs plotting, statistical summary measures in business situations.
2. Discuss the concepts of probability, probability distributions and sampling distribution.
3. Apply statistical methods including confidence interval, hypothesis testing, linear regression and time series analysis in making informed business decision.
4. Solve business decision problems using methods in linear programming model, decision analyses and project management.