Evaluate the different valuation options for real estate.
I’m studying for my Marketing class and need an explanation.
Address the following topic for your Final Paper:
- Evaluate the different valuation options for real estate. Your evaluation should include an assessment of the benefits or shortcomings of each option and when they are each appropriate. Evaluation should include, but is not limited to, the following necessary requirements: gross income multiplier, breakeven ratio, IRR, cap rate, and NPV. Then apply those different valuations to a commercial piece of real property of your choice. Discuss some of the differences due to the different valuations.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and includes an overview of the research conceptualization and a self-reflection.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
De Roos, D. (2008). Commercial real estate investing: A creative guide to successfully making money. Retrieved from https://redshelf.com/
- Chapter 14: Structuring Commercial Real Estate Ownership
- Chapter 15: Managing Commercial Real Estate
- Chapter 16: How to Beat the Average
Conerly, B. (2014. March 27). Commercial real estate forecast 2014-2015 (Links to an external site.). Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2014/03/27…
Gyourko, J. (2009). Understanding commercial real estate: Just how different from housing is it? (Links to an external site.)Manuscript in preparation. Retrieved from http://www.nber.org/papers/w14708.pdf?new_window=1
Maney, D. (2013, April 7). Commercial real estate’s fearsome future (Links to an external site.). Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/economaney/2013/04/07/…
Smith, L. (2010, September 29). Leverage: Investing your real estate net worth (Links to an external site.) [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.investopedia.com/articles/mortgages-rea…
Loopnet (Links to an external site.). (http://www.loopnet.com)