Exam timed math.
I’m studying and need help with a Mathematics question to help me learn.
1. Solve the following equation. Determine whether the equation is an identity, conditional equation, or an inconsistent equation: 7(x – 4) = x + 2
2. Solve the following equation. Determine whether the equation is an identity, conditional equation, or an inconsistent equation: 7x + 13 = 2(2x – 5) + 3x + 23
3. Determine the value of A so that the line whose equation is Ax + y – 2 = 0 is perpendicular to the line containing the points (1, -3) and (-2, 4).
4. Find the horizontal asymptote as x –> 8 and then describe what this means in practical terms. F(x) = 150x + 120/0.05x + 1; the number of bass, f(x), after x months in a lake that was stocked with 120 bass.
Solve the following logarithmic equation. Be sure to reject any value of x that is not in the domain of the original logarithmic expressions. Give the exact answer. Then, where necessary, use a calculator to obtain a decimal approximation, to two decimal places, for the solution:
Solve the following system:
Solve the following system of equations using matrices:
Solve for x only using Cramer’s Rule.
For the following ellipses determine location of its foci.
10. You are taking a multiple-choice test that has five questions. Each of the questions has three answer choices, with one correct answer per question. If you select one of these three choices for each question and leave nothing blank, in how many ways can you answer the questions?