HS161 (Short paper) United States COVID-19 Response.
Need help with my Health & Medical question – I’m studying for my class.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) took the world by surprise, including the United States. As of April 28, 2020, the World Health Organization reported 3,024,059 cases worldwide with 208,112 deaths and 213 countries, areas, or territories with cases. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported 1,005,147 cases and 57,505 deaths in the United States. These numbers continue to increase daily.
Instructions: For this assignment, you will reflect critically on the United States COVID-19 response. Your proposal should include the following components:
• Timeline of major COVID-19 events within United States
• Federal government response (i.e. President Trump, White House Coronavirus Task Force, and CDC) to COVID-19
• Methods to mitigate spread of COVID-19
• Proposed strategy by a specific state or federal government for lifting shelter-in-place order
• If you were president of the United States, what would you do the same or differently related to the COVID-19 response?
Grading for this assignment will be based on your ability to present facts and justification. This is a unique opportunity to draw connections between what you learned in class this semester and current events.
Format: 2-3 pages, 12-point font, double-spaced