Managers skills and traits.
I’m stuck on a Business question and need an explanation.
Traits are considered to be distinguishing features of a person’s character resulting from genetic factors or life experiences. Traits may influence the ease with which new skills are acquired. In contrast, skills are generally considered to be the ability to use one’s knowledge effectively in the execution of a task and they are usually developed through practice. Theorists believe that most people can become proficient in acquiring and using new skills through education, training, and experience.
- Develop a response to each of the following questions. In your response, please do not use actual names.
- Consider a manager you have known that appeared to be ineffective. Describe at least two personality traits exhibited by this person that caused you to question their effectiveness.
- Next, think about a manager you have known that appeared to be very effective. Describe at least two personality traits exhibited by this person that caused you to believe that they were effective.
- Compare and contrast the traits of these two managers, and describe how each of the traits may have made it easier or harder for that person to develop their managerial skills.
- Imagine that the ineffective manager came to you for advice. Develop two recommendations for how that person could improve their skills, and explain why following your recommendations would lead to improvement.
- Compose your answers with a minimum of two paragraphs per question (minimum of 8 paragraphs total). Use at least one outside source of research to support your work. Cite your source(s) according to APA guidelines.