Option #2: Regional Bank Recommendations 441.
I’m working on a Computer Science question and need guidance to help me study.
You are the chief information technology officer at a small regional bank in the U.S. Your regional bank has no brick and mortar locations; in fact, all banking is done online. Customers open their accounts online and manage their accounts online. Your regional bank currently has over 100,000 customers in the southeast region of the United States. All customers and account data are highly confidential. The bank’s board of executives is currently contemplating migrating entirely into cloud hosting provider.
As the chief information technology officer, you are charged with the task of evaluating the data security of the cloud vendors (Amazon, Azure, and Softlayer), and to develop a report to recommend a vendor based on your research and findings.
Your well-written paper must include the following information:
- Existing and potential vulnerabilities and threats on the cloud.
- Suggestions and discussions of methods or tools that can be used to overcome the existing and potential security threats particularly related to data hosted in a cloud environment.
- Discussion of encryption techniques that can be used for the wireless network and the selection and justification of a proper technique for this facility.
- Discussion of the prevention of cyber-attacks and the proper maintenance needed to achieve this goal.
- Discussion about cloud-specific security mitigation strategies.
Keep in mind this is academic writing and should be written in the third person and should not include unsubstantiated opinions, but rather facts and theories. Your well-written paper must adhere to the following parameters:
- Be 10-12 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- Contain illustrative diagrams for the considered systems.
- Cite seven scholarly references. Remember, you must support your thinking and/or opinions and prior knowledge with references; all facts must be supported and in-text references used throughout the assignment must be included in an APA-formatted reference list.
- Ensure that your assignment is formatted according to the APA guideline