Short answer worksheet.
I’m stuck on a Biology question and need an explanation.
- Explain how the nervous and endocrine systems are similar and help the body maintain homeostasis.
- Outline and explain the structure of the nervous system.
- Describe the structure of the neuron and how it functions in signal transduction.
- What types of neurons are found in the nervous system?
- What are neurotransmitters and how do they function?
- Give a brief description of the central nervous system and its structure.
- What does hemispheric lateralization mean?
- Why is the hypothalamus such an important part of the brain, despite its relatively small size? Explain some of its functions.
- What part of the brain is colloquially referred to as the “reptilian brain” and why is it termed such?
- How are we able to maintain smooth muscle movement and coordination?
- What safeguards do we have for protecting the brain?
- How are signals from the body transferred to the brain and back out to the body?
- What are some of the disorders that affect the nervous system and have you or anyone you experienced any of them?
- What are the special senses and where are the receptors located?
- Explain the function of the endocrine system.
- How does the hypothalamus factor into the functioning of the endocrine system?
- Outline the negative feedback mechanism in governing sexual development during puberty in the body. i.e., what happens when puberty hits?
- Explain what endocrine disruptors are and the effects something like lead or pesticides can have on the body.
They are both internal communication systems (nerves system is the faster of the two).
PLEASE FILL ANSWERS INTO THE ATTACHED WORKSHEET AND REATTACH