Submit Project Idea and SWOT for Certified Project Manager.
I’m working on a English exercise and need support.
The first part of the Course Project will be to submit project idea to the instructor for approval. Some examples would include:
- a new point of sale system for a restaurant
- a new inventory system for a warehouse
- a complete computer system implementation at a car dealership.
You can also go to the web and research other possible project ideas. In a 1-2 page paper, discuss the information technology project you will be managing the next 6 weeks. Be sure to include the requirements of the project and answer the following questions:
- What business situation is being addressed by this project?
- What does the business need to do?
- What will you do?
- How will you do it?
- How will you know you did it?
Your instructor will provide tips and ideas to make sure you address during the next 6 weeks.
When going into the Project Management field at some point you will ask yourself “Should I become certified?” There is a broad range of certifications available through different organizations to recognize that the individual has demonstrated project management experience.
All of the certifications recognize at least basic skills within project management, and many of them recognize areas of specialization. These credentials are industry recognized and a great way to prove one’s understanding and experience within project management.
Research the different types of Project Management certifications and create a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis of becoming a Certified Project Manager.
Prepare a 1-2 page document using APA formatting. For additional information on the use of APA style, refer to the Library Resources page on the Student Portal, accessible via the Resources tab.
- Research the SWOT process using Rasmussen library’s FAQs section
- SWOT Analysis: What It Is and When to Use It
- How to create an APA reference page